Brilliant. Let's make a caffeine-free alternative to "Bulletproof coffee". Sifted Cacao Tea packs a healthy dose of antioxidants but also cacao butter - a naturally occurring healthy fat perfect for anyone trying keto or bulletproof drinks!! Yet at the same time it won't leave you jittery or experiencing any unwanted side effects. The stimulant in cacao - theobromine, not caffeine - is much more subtle and gentle. Think satiating, creamy, high-fat, SANS caffeine.
I have to credit my wonderful friend Amy with the inspiration for this one! She texted me (I quote): "this morning I had the tea in a press and then blended it with coconut oil and a little raw honey. Ohhh my gosh it was so good!"
In case you aren't aware of the "bulletproof coffee trend":
"Bulletproof coffee is a drink consisting of brewed coffee, grass-fed unsalted butter and medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) coconut oil. Bulletproof coffee is mostly popular with people following a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet"
So, how would I make Bulletproof Cacao?
1) Steep your Sifted Cacao Tea (your preferred method. metal tea ball infuser, mug infuser, french press, percolator, etc)
2) Once cooled a bit, place in a high-speed blender or food processor
3) Add 1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT oil
4) add 1 tbsp grassfed butter (or more coconut oil if vegan)
5) add 1 tsp raw honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
Blend and enjoy!! BUY IT HERE